25 May, 2012

Puttu~With Rice Flour






 Hi Friends,today am here with another quite simple &Healthy recipe ,for 3rd day of “Blogging Marathon~16”.Under the Theme “Cooking With Colors”.Today’s Color’s White. Offenly I make Puttu with Rice flour/Ragi flour.My kid love Rice Puttu a lot!!Though Ragi’s healthy,but he like this much!! I made this with Idiyappam Flour, but you can do it with usual rice flour also. Compared to making with rice flour, Puttu coming very Soft in Idiyappam/Appam flour.You will find  that in Indian store.I like to serve with Banana.Hope you to try this for Evening Snack :) Let's move on the recipe now!!




Ingredients:
1.Idiyappam Flour/Plain Rice Flour-1cup
2.Salt-Pinch
2.Shredded Coconut-1/2cup or little less
3.Sugar-1/4 cup/to taste
4.Cardamom Powder-1/2 teaspoon
4.Hot Water

Method:

  •          Take a wide pan/Plate add rice flour and salt mix well in hand.
  •          Sprinkle little little water at a time and make scrambled flour       

                      
  •         Apply ghee on idli plate, Scoop it in spoon and place it.

                                    
  •         Add the same with the remaining  flour,close with the lid and steam cook it.
  •         Cook till it’s cook or 10 mins.
  • ·         After that,transfer in to bowl/plate. Break it,add sugar,coconut and cardamom powder mix will with the spoon.
                                     
  •          That’s it Puttu’s ready to have!!


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#16

19 comments:

  1. I ate puttu long back...would try this soon :)
    Do visit my space to win the ongoing giveaway:
    Pearl Earrings Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely presentation!...puttu looks tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,lovely clicks Prabha..Delicious one,love for breakfast!!

    Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
    in the following ongoing events-
    Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
    EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow very nice and I love puttu..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so fluffy and I'm sure must be tasting like heaven. Nice Recipe....and very beautiful pictures. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Puttu.. Perfect selection of recipe to suit the white color.

    Divya's Culinary Journey
    Showcase- Desserts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow my father's favourite... You have done as same like my mom....

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's my all time favorite :) Love it..I need a plate now!!
    http://youtoocancookindianfood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is our family fav dish:) looks really yumm!! My grandma used to serve this with banana but I love to to eat as such with more coconut !!
    Spicy Treats

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our family fav, i do quite often..feel like having it rite now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dish,love to have it as such.Looks so tempting and perfectly made...

    ReplyDelete
  12. though i have the puttu maker, i dont make them often. Once tried and didnt get it propely, this tempts me to try it again!!! Healthy n Easy to make Breakfast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so delicious never tried this way will try next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your valuable time in my space...!!!Please do visit my blog again and drop your comments...Happy Cooking :)