23 February, 2012

Cracked Wheat Upma/Godhumai Upma




 Simple and healthy Break Fast recipe.I think most of you don't like Cracked wheat,even i wont like this before.... (in my collage days).But this's a very healthy  and fibre enriched food!!So ,now every two weeks once i'll make this.You too try and enjoy... :) 




 Ingredients:

  1. Cracked Wheat-1 cups
  2. Onion-1/2 cup  sliced
  3. Mixed vegetables- 1/2 cup
  4. Green chilly-2 
  5. Ginger garlic paste-1/2 teaspoon
  6. Salt- To taste
  7. Cilantro
  8. Water-2 and half cup to 3 cup
For Tempering:
  1. Mustard seeds
  2. Channa dal-1 teaspoon 
  3. Urad dal-1/2 teaspoon
  4. Curry leaves- few


Method:
  • Heat oil in a pan,temper all ingredients one by one from tempering list.
  • Add green chilly and onion,saute for a while.
  • Add ginger garlic paste and saute again.
  • Now put all vegetables,mix 
  • Add salt,add water.
  • Allow to boil ,then slowly add the broken wheat,cover with lid and cook.
  • Once it's done,add cilantro on top,mix well.
  • Serve hot with any Chutney/ Pickle.
Note
  • Some people prefer to make this  in pressure cooker,you can follow the same method for pressure cook method.Instead of pan ,use cooker that's it.
  • I used frozen vegetables,use carrot,beans,green peas and cubed potato.






Linking this recipe to  Sangeetha's  Show me your " HITS" event,


                                     Ongoing Event:Show Me Your HITS - Healthy Delights

13 comments:

  1. Deliciously prepared upma...Perfect breakfast..

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom makes this often,very healthy BF!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tempting and healthy upma with an awesome presentation.you have a nice blog you can visit my blog and give ur valuable comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthy n Filling Breakfast...lovely preparation...
    Thank you so much for linking to the event...
    btw u could have named it as "vegetable/Mixed vegetable Cracked wheat Upma" :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Yeah..you right!!I didn't get any idea..!!Have to learn many things from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. upma looks super delicious dear....n thanks for ur wonderful comments in my space dear...in response to ur query y i do not post any other recipes,my space is only dedicated for fish recipes :-)but plz do visit sometimes n let me know ur feedback ...it would be very helpful for me to improve :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and healthy, perfect breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even I make this often, very nicely done, first time here Prabha and wud love to follow U..

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice and healthy breakfast. love your space.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an award for u..please do drop by my space to collect it!! :)
    Awards!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Healthy & filling.. perfect breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your valuable time in my space...!!!Please do visit my blog again and drop your comments...Happy Cooking :)